A visual artist and custom costume & prop designer. Jillian’s work has been seen on television (Lifetime, USA, MTV), stage (NYC Opera, and Smithsonian Institute) private clients (musicians, public speakers at TEDX, SpaceX conference, etc.), and in art galleries (Chelsea Museum, Toronto Art Fair).
A well-honed eye for blending classic styling with unconventional items (bullets, wood, plastic) including new technology (electronics, fiber optics, LED lights, inflatable’s) Jillian’s work is often memorable for a combination of classic lines, creativity and comfort.
Jillian has developed a thorough and broad based knowledge of classic design styles, materials and construction techniques that extends beyond fashion into furniture and interior design as a result of working in her family’s 40+ year business in custom high-end furniture design (NYC & Milan). Jillian is a graduate of FIT and Parsons, Paris specializing in fashion design, tailoring and millinery.
Affiliated with Local 764 and NYWIFT
Costumes & Props – tv, film, video
• USA Network:“The Moment” On-Air tailor and Costume Designer, Dir. Richard Hall.
• ABC: “Revolution”Wardrobe Assistant, Tim Gunn.
• TLC: “Kitchen Boss”Wardrobe Assistant for Buddy Valastro.
• BBC: “Prince’s Trust” Fashion props for Dennis Leary’s comedy sketch.
• MTV: “World of Jenks”On-Air tailor.
• Lifetime: “Catwalk”On-Air tailor, recurring character, including pilot episode.
• Bravo: “The Fashion Show”On-Air tailor and patternmaker, Dir. Richard Hall.
• BET: “Soul Train Awards”TV promo–Wardrobe Assistant. Terrence Howard, Teraji P. Henson +20 extras.
• Buck,TV. Custom Props for promotional videos. Art Dir. Leah Berkowitz.
Costumes & Props – stage
• NYC Opera: “Moses in Egypt”Technical Designer – metal crowns and armor for principals.
• Studio K&M: “Enigma”Design Consultant for interactive theatre company.
• TEDX: “Teachers in Space Unique wardrobe items incorporating fiber optics, new tech & great tailoring.
• Comic Con: Custom X-men character costumes for private clients.
• 3P Music:“LoveCryme” Original leather & metal costumes. Gretchen Robinette photography.
• Windmill Factory: “Firehorse”Costume Design for music video. Dir. Jon Morris.
• Burning Man: Custom hammered metal and leather corsets and accessories for private clients.
• Peggy Choy Dance:“BoxHer”Hip-hop dance costumes with programmed LED lights & El wire.
• John Schneeman, Martin Izquierda: Hands on costume work as needed for various Broadway productions.
• National Shakespeare Co. Costume Design Touring Repertory Company.
Costumes & Props – Exhibits
• Inflatable Gown – Toronto Art Fair:“GTFA Dress”K.Bigenho collaboration. Toronto, 2013.
• Abstract Fashion Photography – Chelsea Hotel:“ Art of Fashion” New York, NY, 2011.
• Bullet-shell Gown – Chelsea Museum: “No Comment”New York, NY, 2011.
• Bullet-shell Gown – 23 Wall Street:“No Comment”New York, NY, 2011.
• Guitar Pick Gown – Banaki Museum:“Hopes Dreams & Hard Times”A. Lambrovassilis exhibit & book. Athens, 2010.
• Bullet-shell Gown & Guitar Pick Gown – De Castellane Gallery: Brooklyn, NY, 2011.
• Dance Costumes – Smithsonian Institute:“Asia Society Program”Peggy Choy Dance, Washington, DC, 2011.
• Bullet-shell Gown – Artivist Film Festival: New York, NY, 2010.
• Bullet-shell Gown – Artivist Film Festival: New York, NY, 2009.
• Bullet-shell Gown – World March For Peace Fundraiser: New York, NY, December, 2008.
• Props & Costumes – Yendoo Jung:“Wonderland”Photo exhibit and book. Madrid, Korea, NY, 2005-2007.